Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday, November 7, 2011

My typing skills are not what they used to be. I have started this blog twice and lost everything that I typed before I saved it. Now, I will type in word and transfer so I do not lose it again.
We enjoyed our stay in Isle of Palm. The weather was cold, some rain, but mostly very windy which made it even seem colder than it was. We stayed on the boat most all day Sat. morning doing odds and ends jobs that needed our attention. We fixed broken parts, replenished batteries, and just cleaned and organized the boat. Saturday afternoon, after a short walk, Susan and I did laundry and enjoyed talking while we waited for our things to finish drying.
At 5:30 Saturday afternoon, we went to an oyster roast given by the marina restaurant right beside our boat. They had a live band which played great music! They had oysters, chili, and trimmings for $15 for all you could eat. It was very good and there were many people there from all around even in the windy cold weather. At 8:00, we had enough to eat and decided to go inside the restaurant for coffee, and dessert and most of all, to get warm. We shared a crème Brule and key lime pie. It was delicious! Our night ended with decaf coffee with baileys & crème. We were back on the boat at 9:00. I must have eaten too much or what I ate did not agree with me as I turned very sick with a terrible stomach virus until I finally went to bed around 11:30. Not a good thing on a sailboat but I survived! I was very weak yesterday, but we did leave the docks and continued on down the ICW on our trip south. It was a good day on the water even though it was still a little cool. We are now used to changing clothes quite frequently to accommodate the weather. We anchored just beside the ICW last night north of Beaufort, SC. We stayed on our boat and just rested and of course, watched the football game. We both are feeling better today and the weather is beautiful out here. We hope to get close to GA this afternoon. We are eager to get further south to get warmer weather.

No comments: