Thursday, November 17, 2011

Vero Beach -Nov.16-18

Monday, November 14 we left the mooring field and headed south. We were not sure just how far we were going to travel but we ended up going passed New Smyrna Beach and anchoring south of the New Smyrna Beach Yacht Club just to the left of the ICW with three other boats. We arrived there around 5:15 after traveling 59 miles on the water. Again, the weather was wonderful and we were in short pants and short sleeve shirts. Robert and Susan on SuzyQ radioed that they wanted us to come to their boat for spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Boy! They were great! And, to top it off, Susan had made another delicious key lime pie and we all had a piece before we returned to our boat for the night. We missed the first of Dancing with the Stars but watched the last half.
Tuesday, November 15, we pulled the anchors and started our last travels together with Robert & Susan for Titusville, FL. We only traveled 31 miles on the ICW before getting there. The weather was good but we did have some overcast weather at times. We arrived at Titusville at 2:30 in the afternoon. Nelson and I decided to wash our boat as it had gotten a yellow residue on it when we were in Fernandina Beach. After a long afternoon of cleaning we were tired and ready to get cleaned up and go for a walk to find a neat place to eat dinner. Robert, Susan, Nelson, and I walked to a restaurant under the bridge not too far from the marlna. The food was good. After a walk back, we went to their boat for the last of the key lime pie. It was great! It was sad to say our goodbyes to Robert and Susan. We enjoyed traveling with them.
We will miss them.
We departed the Titusville Marina on Wednesday morning at 6:45 by ourselves headed for Vero Beach.
We had a long day on the water with the sky looking like rain most of the day. But, we did not get the rain and had a good 72 mile day on the water. We arrived at Vero Beach Marina at 5:30, just before the sunset. We were very low on fuel and were happy that we made it to the dock where we refueled, got a pump out, and filled the water tanks before going to the mooring ball. After the marina trip, we went to find our mooring in the dark. We found the boat that we were on the mooring ball with and yelled “Hello” so they would know we were getting ready to hook up with their boat. Eric came out of his boat and helped us hook up beside his sailboat. He is alone at the time as his wife went to see her grandson in a play in MO.
Today, we slept in and later went into town on a bus and did some shopping at West Marine and then grocery shopping. When we returned to the boat, I did laundry at the marina while Nelson connected speakers outside the boat. Tonight, we are going to our favorite River Café here to have a shrimp Po Boy and I will just have fried shrimp. Later we plan to change the oil and if we get that done, we may travel further south tomorrow. We are watching the weather before we make the decision. Take care; Nelson says it is time to go eat!

No comments: