Friday, November 4, 2011

Tuesday, October 23, 2011 Departed Jordan Creek heade4d south for warmer weather

Tuesday, October 23, 2011 at 11:00 am, Last Boat departed Jordan Creek Marina with captains Nelson and Ondra Gainey headed south to warmer weather, Florida bound.
We went to the boat on Monday but it took us a day and a half to get the boat packed with warm, cool and cold weather clothing as well as food for the first few weeks of traveling the ICW. Our first night, we anchored just outside of Oriental in Adams Creek. After a shrimp Alfredo dinner and some TV watching, we retired early and slept until 7:00 the following morning.
Wednesday, Oct. 24, we pulled anchor at Adams Creek around 8:15am heading further south toward Morehead City. We had a beautiful day on the waterway and stopped just below Morehead City at Sooners Creek for the night. We arrived there early afternoon, around 1:00pm. What a neat little creek to anchor for the night. There was a small marina and many beautiful houses surrounding the waters edge. It was well protected from the open waters. Several other boaters came in as the time became later in the day. Around 4:30, our son, Will called and said he and Jackson were headed over to see us. We were delighted to take our small dinghy off the back of the boat and Nelson motored over to the docks to meet them. Jackson had to have me tell him exactly how I had fallen when I had my accident while traveling to Edenton three weeks before on our boat. If you were not aware, we were in the ICW Alligator Canal and we hit something which caused the boat to come to an abrupt stop and I was thrown down into the main salon of the boat. I was a lucky girl as I only had a broken nose, seven stitches to my forehead and a swollen right knee from tissue damage and a hairline fracture on my wrist. Thank you, God for looking out for me! Nelson was fixing something in the head and was not hurt and did not know I was until he came out the door and found me lying on the floor bleeding from the head and nose. Anyway, I am fine now and we were so glad to have Jackson land Will on our boat. Jackson and I fished for awhile until we caught an eel. Then we played a few games and made some soda with our soda machine. Later, we went to Walmart to get several things we had forgotten to bring. Stacey then met us at Snapperz for a delicious seafood dinner. Later, we said our goodbyes to Jackson & Stacey and Will returned us to Spooners Creek where we dingied back to our sailboat. We loved getting to see them on our way south!

No comments: